Here's my favourite recipe for utilizing our harvest. This works as a chicken dinner or vegan side and is chockablock full of garden goodness.
Another Superfoods Salad
1 medium Butternut Squash •2lbs•, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized cubes
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (optional)
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
8c chopped kale
1 can chickpeas, rinsed
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 425F
1. Set oven racks on the bottom third and top third. In one roasting pan, add squash and season with 2 tbsp olive oil and a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix, and place on bottom rack for 20min.
2. In second roasting pan, place chicken. Season with remaining oil and salt and pepper. When the first 20min are up for the squash, remove from oven and toss. Place back in oven. Place chicken on top rack. Set timer for both to 20 min.
3. Meanwhile, set kettle to boil. Place kale in a colander and pour boiling water over kale until bright green. Rinse in cold water.
4. To make dressing, combine tahini, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. The lemon juice will thicken the tahini, so slowly add water until it is a thick but pourable consistency.
5. Split kale, chickpeas and squash evenly between 4 plates. Slice chicken, if using, and split into 4 servings. Top with dressing and fresh chives.